Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy spin on an old favorite.
Make and share this Healthy Whole Grain Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- blend sugar, molasses, butter, apple sauce until creamy.
- add banana and egg. blend until creamy.
- in separate bowl wisk together flour, oats, flaxseed and baking powder.
- add flour mixture to banana mixture mix just until blended. blend in vanilla.
- bake in bread pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Very good, added chopped pecans and semi sweet choc chips. Not a usual texture for banana bread, it reminds me of a heavy chewy oatmeal cookie. Love that it is whole grain and the flax seed is a great added bonus. I will be making this again for sure.