Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy spin on an old favorite.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup toasted flax seed
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- blend sugar, molasses, butter, apple sauce until creamy.
- add banana and egg. blend until creamy.
- in separate bowl wisk together flour, oats, flaxseed and baking powder.
- add flour mixture to banana mixture mix just until blended. blend in vanilla.
- bake in bread pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Very good, added chopped pecans and semi sweet choc chips. Not a usual texture for banana bread, it reminds me of a heavy chewy oatmeal cookie. Love that it is whole grain and the flax seed is a great added bonus. I will be making this again for sure.