Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Enjoy a moist Muffin without the Guilt and Know that its healthy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional) or 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup diced and drained fruit
- Sift together Flour, Baking powder, Baking Soda and Spices.
- Add Sugar and Stir to combined.
- Next add wet ingredients and any Fruit of your choice.
- Pour Batter almost full into 18 Muffin Tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Top with a sprinkle of light brown sugar mixed with some Cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 375* and bake for 35-45 minute.
- Test with a toothpick to make sure they are done.
- Oven Temperatures vary.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve with a Good cup of Coffee or a tall glass of Milk & Enjoy!
Very nice, healthy muffin. I used chopped banana and raisins in mine. I only had to bake mine 22 minutes, so be careful and watch as you bake these.
Since finding this recipe I have tried several different types of fruit. All came out excellant. I nice muffin with some great out comes for all the different seasons.
I liked this recipe, but I made a few changes to meet my daughter's dietary needs. And the recipe makes 12-14 muffins, but not 18 unless you don't fill the muffin cups very much.