Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a tasty healthy option for an appetizer or snack. Super fast and easy! Serve with warm pita or tortilla chips. From SELF magazine.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (could also use fresh parmesan)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Finely chop artichoke hearts and put in a microwave-safe dish.
- Add yogurt, cheese, garlic, and basil. Mix well.
- Microwave 3 minutes on high. Stir. Microwave 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
this had really good flavor but i found it to be better as a casserole than a dip. the yogurt seperated to much and it wasnt creamy so it was hard to dip. i think using sour cream would make it more dippy. i added some chopped jalepeno's for some heat. the flavor is fantastic. just need to to work on the texture but then it may not be as 'healthy'
Wonderful artichoke dip! Best of all, it takes only minutes to make! I loved the extra flavor from the fresh basil and garlic. I used low-fat sour cream and I only had 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan, so I made up the other 1/2 cup with shredded Swiss cheese. AWESOME! I'll be whipping this up often. Thanx for sharing.
This is good, I changed it a bit, added olives and warmed everything but the yogurt in the microwave first, added yogurt last, quick easy no mayo!!