Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great way to use up leftover turkey. From Taste of Home magazine, but I tweaked it to use non-fat yogurt and mayo.
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2⁄3 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat sandwich buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, apple, celery, walnuts and raisins.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, orange peel, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over turkey mixture and stir to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
A wonderful marriage of the Waldorf salad and turkey sandwich, the addition of tarragon was very nice. I did make two small changes the first was to use plain yogurt instead of vanilla, secondly I did not peel the apple as we like the color and texture the apple peel brings. Thanks for the terrific post.