Recipe by CafeAronzo
More of a waffle dough, so it's not really a western recipe, but more in the style of a japanese waffle, which I think taste much better, this dough turns out rather... fleecy. They are non-oil, butter free, only uses egg white. The waffle is super yummy if take 1/4 tsp of brown sugar or cinnamon and roll it into the middle of the dough before placing in the iron. Use 1 egg white for a thicker waffle, 2 for a thinner waffle.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
pretty good overall...but, definitely lacking some flavor in the waffle itself - pick toppings with flavor to make it work. I only got 2 small waffles (not 7 or 8) out of the batter. but, they crisp very nicely on the outside :-) Made for PAC Spring 2010
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 -2 egg white
- 4 g Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, yeast and sugar substitute.
- In separate bowl, mix skim milk, water, beat in egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in wet ingredients to dry ingredients, divide into 7-8 sections, place into waffle iron for 1-2 min (or designated time by appliance).
- Remove waffles and enjoy! Theyre excellent with jam+powdered sugar. You actually might want to let the dough stand for a few minutes in a warm area, for the yeast.