Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A healthy alternative to samosas. Not fried but baked in the oven.
Make and share this Healthy Vegetarian Samosas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 300 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 10 string beans
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 (400 g) can lentils, drained
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1 pinch cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander paste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 9 pieces whole wheat sandwich wraps (I use moutain bread wraps)
- Place potato, beans and onion in a container and bake in microwave (takes around 3-4 mins).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place lentils on stove with cumin, coriander, chilli and garlic. Stir occasionally.
- When vegies are cooked, mix with lentils mixture on stove and cook until fragrant.
- Cut mountain bread into halves, so you have triangles.
- Place a small amount of mixture in the middle and fold into a samosa shape. (Start with the triangular shape on the bottom, then fold inwards from the sides.).
- Place on sprayed or baking paper lined tray. Cook in oven for eight minutes or until hard on the outside.
- Serve with a chilli dip and salad.
These were very good but I had trouble finding the kind of bread you described in your recipe so I used tortilla bread. It wasn't easy to roll them up as I quickly learned, but somehow I managed. I used crushed garlic and crushed coriander instead of the pastes and that worked well with the recipe.