Mel Bedggood's Note:
A healthy alternative to samosas. Not fried but baked in the oven.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 300 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 10 string beans
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (400 g) can lentils, drained
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1 pinch cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander paste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 9 pieces whole wheat sandwich wraps (I use moutain bread wraps)
- 1Place potato, beans and onion in a container and bake in microwave (takes around 3-4 mins).
- 2Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 3Place lentils on stove with cumin, coriander, chilli and garlic. Stir occasionally.
- 4When vegies are cooked, mix with lentils mixture on stove and cook until fragrant.
- 5Cut mountain bread into halves, so you have triangles.
- 6Place a small amount of mixture in the middle and fold into a samosa shape. (Start with the triangular shape on the bottom, then fold inwards from the sides.).
- 7Place on sprayed or baking paper lined tray. Cook in oven for eight minutes or until hard on the outside.
- 8Serve with a chilli dip and salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Vegetarian Samosas
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat sandwich wraps