Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A low-fat alternative to an everyday classic.
- 16 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 16 -20 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground lamb (optional) or 1 lb ground lean pork (optional)
- Grease inside of lasagna pan.
- Cover bottom with layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Cover with layer of spaghetti sauce.
- Cover with layer of ground meat, if using.
- Cover with layer of cottage cheese.
- Cover with layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Keep layering until all ingredients are used.
- Cover top with extra sauce and cheese.
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings and ground pepper.
- Place in cool oven (do not preheat).
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.