Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this gem of a recipe in my mom's old wooden recipe box years ago
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, with tops
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- fresh grated ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Heat large skillet or wok, add oils, onions, mushrooms and celery. stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots, garlic and ginger stir fry 4 more minutes.
- add rice, soy sauce and vinegar stir fry about 8 minutes until heated through.
This was all right, but not outstanding. I liked the flavor, but cut way back on the soy sauce and rice vinegar, only using half of what was called for- and I still thought the flavor was a bit strong. I felt that the cooking times given were too long- steps one and two only needed a minute or so, step 3 only needed even less than that, as I started with warm rice. This has potential, but needs some tweaking. Made for PAC Fall 2009.