Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and delicious way to eat enchiladas without all the fat and calories. You can substitute any veggies you like or have on hand. My daughter loved them and wanted the leftovers for dinner the following night. I used all organic ingredients, except for the enchilada sauce, they did not carry it at my health food store. Next time I will make my own enchilada sauce and post my results. I also blended a can of whole tomatoes (drained) with the enchilada sauce in my vitamix to cut the hotness for my daughter. She thought the mild sauce was too spicy, I personally like it a bit hotter but it was delicious and great for the whole family. To serve as a complete meal you can top the enchiladas with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and a dollop of sour cream. Delicious!!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container light cream cheese
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated (I used Alta Dena raw goat cheese)
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 4 zucchini, cut in half and then sliced into slivers
- garlic salt
- coconut oil (or your favorite cooking oil or spray)
Top with your favorite garnishes
- chopped romaine lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped cilantro
- avocado, slices
- low-fat sour cream
- Prepare your ingredients before you begin, slice veggies and grate cheese.
- Heat about 1 Tbs of oil in a pan and saute onions until clear, then add veggies and cook until tender. Add garlic salt to taste.
- Mix drained crushed tomatoes with cream cheese and set aside.
- Pour about 1 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- To soften tortillas, wet lightly with your hands and place on a paper towel in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Once softened, dip tortilla into enchilada sauce and then spread about 1 Tbs of cream cheese mixture on tortilla and top with sautéed veggies. Then roll the ends in and place open side down into casserole dish. Continue doing this with all tortillas until the casserole dish is filled.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of tortillas and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 min in a 350°F oven.
- To serve top with garnishes of your choice.