Recipe by Enjolinfam
A fun way to eat tofu and vegetables! I'm dying to try this. It says these can be cooked in the oven or on the barbecue, but I'm sure it would taste best on the barbecue. From Neva & Jim Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. Just got this cookbook 2 days ago and it's full of yummy looking healthy recipes! If you want to make this meal completely vegan just use sugar instead of honey.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
A delicious way with vegetables. We didn't have tomatoes, so used extra zucchini and a whole red pepper for bulk and colour. Just so you know -- zucchini cooked this way is divine. Overall, though, it might be best to cook these in the oven. On the BBQ, the tofu kept trying to escape. My photos show before and after the cooking. Made and enjoyed for the Let's Get Skewered Tag Game in the Asian Forum.
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 button mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- garlic salt, to taste
- 4 skewers
Ingredients for the Sweet and Sour Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tofu and press with paper towel to get rid of extra moisture.
- Mix ingredients for sweet and sour marinade together and set aside.
- Place pieced of tofu and vegetables on skewer. Brush lightly with sweet and sour marinade. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cook on preheated char-grill or barbecue until vegetables are tender. Or place on a nonstick or lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 450°F for about 10 minutes, then on top rack under broiler for 5 minutes.