Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this soup from my need to have a tasty soup that was low fat, low sodium and low cholesterol, but high in flavour. So easy to make too.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 parsnips (sliced)
- 2 (900 ml) cartons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cabbage (diced)
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can Primo mixed beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Chop, peel and slice all vegetables.
- In large pot on medium heat, put oil, onions, celery and carrots. Cook until onion is transluscent.
- Add garlic gloves and parsnips and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, zuchinni and pasta and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add beans and parsley and bring to a final boil.
- Let stand off heat for 5 minutes and serve!