I created this soup from my need to have a tasty soup that was low fat, low sodium and low cholesterol, but high in flavour. So easy to make too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 parsnips (sliced)
- 2 (900 ml) cartons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cabbage (diced)
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can Primo mixed beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1Chop, peel and slice all vegetables.
- 2In large pot on medium heat, put oil, onions, celery and carrots. Cook until onion is transluscent.
- 3Add garlic gloves and parsnips and cook another 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth, tomatoes and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- 5Add cabbage, zuchinni and pasta and cook for 7 minutes.
- 6Add beans and parsley and bring to a final boil.
- 7Let stand off heat for 5 minutes and serve!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Primo mixed beans