Recipe by ThatHaitiChick
This is a incredibly yummy dish. I got it from Food Network. I slightly modified it to make it more flavorful and colorful. Great to get more vegetables in your children and your meat loving husband.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (red and green preferably)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 (10 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce (roasted garlic I recommend)
- 1 (2 cup) bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 cup) bag cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat chicken breast with a meat masher till flat. Place chicken on a couple pieces of thread evenly spaced.
- Cut bell pepper, onion, and carrot into thin slices.
- Sprinkle evenly chicken with salt and pepper and then with some of both cheeses.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bell pepper, onion, and carrot slices in the middle to your preference.
- Roll both sides of the chicken to make a loaf-looking chicken breast. Then tie the strings around it to hold it in place while cooking.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish. Then dump spaghetti sauce right on top of breasts.
- Cook for 30 minutes.