Recipe by Angela0322
This is a recipe based on one I found in "Vive Le Vegan". These cookies are spectacular and extremely good for you.
Top Review by magpie diner
These are power packed little cookies! I loved all the seeds and the mix of flours. I think that the measure given for salt must be an error? I should have known better but went ahead and used that much...which is definitely noticeable in the end product. I'd recommend 1/2 a tsp or even 1/4. Aside from that, it makes a nice "breakfast" style cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon barley flour
- 1⁄4 cup spelt flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 -4 tablespoons non-dairy chocolate chips or 3 -4 tablespoons carob chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chocolate soymilk or 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients, except the flax meal, in one bowl.
- Mix the flax meal, with the maple syrup and milk.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to wet mixture.
- Combine wet and dry mixtures, mix well.
- Form balls from dough and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 min, then let cool.