Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love coleslaw and have not had it in years, since I can't have dairy. I just made it with fat free nayonnaise (and only 10 calories per Tbsp), and it is fabulous. It is a sweeter coleslaw, without all the calories. I hope someone can use this recipe to revive their love for coleslaw too :)
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup fat free vegan mayonnaise (I use nayonaise)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (can use dijon)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, at least
- 1 dash salt
- Process the cabbage in a food processor or chopper (grate if you like a thicker coleslaw).
- In a bowl, mix together the nayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, Splenda, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the shredded cabbage and mix well.
- Let it sit for a few hours at least to really let the flavors come through, although it will still be good without resting for a while :)
- Sometimes I throw in a couple small zucchini with the cabbage in the processor for extra oomph -- if you do that, either increase the amount of dressing, or use half the head of cabbage.
- Hope you enjoy!
I love Coleslaw and this one is very good. Not a mustard fan but in the slaw it was good. Made for Spring PAC 08