This is my healthified version of Vegan Cocoa Tofu Brownies. The brownies still come out chocolatey, fudgy and super yummy. I hope youll enjoy them, too. :) Feel free to add in some dried fruits or chocolate chips if you feel like it.
- 3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (unpacked)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole spelt flour)
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I use spelt flour)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Puree the tofu, yogurt, water and applesauce until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to vigorously mix in the sugar and vanilla.
- Sift in flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Use a spatula to mix batter until smooth. Transfer to an 8X8 greased baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 325°F/150°C for 25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.