Recipe by Vancouver Mama
This recipe is the tastiest, easiest, most moist vegan cookie I have ever tried!!! It's ingredients are simple, raw, and together, packs a powerfully nutritious punch! My kids love these and I don't have to feel guilty about letting them have seconds.
Top Review by VeganElla
Great recipe! Thank you :<br/><br/>- I didn't have coconut so added more flax seed<br/>- I don't like raisins so used apricots instead<br/><br/>Seems to be a very flexible/forgiving recipe.<br/>Will definitely make again.<br/>:)
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped prune (you can also use figs or dates)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts, but any nut works fine)
- 1 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- First, mash bananas in large bowl. Then, add vanilla and salt. Stir. Then add prunes, raisins, flax meal, coconut, and chopped nuts. Stir. Last, add oats and stir again. Spoon heaping tablespoon onto baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork (these cookies will not flatten on their own, so you have to do it before you cook them). Cook for 20 at 350 degrees. Let cool and enjoy!