Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
I found this recipe in the 2009 Vegetarian Journal (Issue One). I just made it this morning and it makes light, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious pancakes. Silly me for using boxed mixes all these years! I'm sure you could substitute cow's milk if you don't have soymilk.
Top Review by hoffklm84
Amazing. Added 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and used rice milk, not soy. Also switched the fruit to blueberries. Probably my favorite vegan pancake recipe so far, and I have tried too many! Hope it turns out this good with whole wheat flour.....
- 473.18 ml unbleached flour
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml fresh strawberries, chopped
- 591.47 ml soymilk
- 29.58 ml canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together dry ingredients.
- Add chopped strawberries and stir until coated.
- Make a well in the middle and add soymilk and oil.
- Blend well, but do not beat.
- Add more flour or soymilk if needed for the right consistency of the batter.
- Pour enough batter on a medium-hot griddle and flip when the edges look dry. Keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.