Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
I found this recipe in the 2009 Vegetarian Journal (Issue One). I just made it this morning and it makes light, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious pancakes. Silly me for using boxed mixes all these years! I'm sure you could substitute cow's milk if you don't have soymilk.
Top Review by hoffklm84
Amazing. Added 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and used rice milk, not soy. Also switched the fruit to blueberries. Probably my favorite vegan pancake recipe so far, and I have tried too many! Hope it turns out this good with whole wheat flour.....
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together dry ingredients.
- Add chopped strawberries and stir until coated.
- Make a well in the middle and add soymilk and oil.
- Blend well, but do not beat.
- Add more flour or soymilk if needed for the right consistency of the batter.
- Pour enough batter on a medium-hot griddle and flip when the edges look dry. Keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.