1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This soup may include dough balls if desired, but is healthier without them. It would probably taste great with cornmeal dumplings and be healthier when made with those. A recipe for dough balls is included here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put veal shin in water and cook atop stove until meat is very soft.
- 2Cool and then remove meat from bone and chop it into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- 3Strain broth.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add celery, potatoes, carrots, and onions.
- 6Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- 7Prepare dough balls by sifting dry ingredients together and then cutting margarine into sifted dry ingredients.
- 8Add just enough water to make a stiff dough.
- 9Work dough with floured hands and form into pea-sized balls.
- 10Add balls to boiling soup broth and cook about 25 minutes longer.
- 11Add meat, stir, and serve.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Veal Shin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.4
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: