This is a quick, healthy, yummy dessert that everybody in my family loved! From the August issue of Better Homes & Gardens -- It took less than 20 minutes to prepare and you can customize it by adding your favorite berries. Sweet with only 1/2 cup sugar in the whole thing! The recipe called for 1 Tbsp. fresh snipped basil to be added with the dry ingredients, but I omitted it and it was wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 8-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment paper, grease. Arrange 1 1/2 cups berries in bottom of pan. Set aside. In bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, basil (if desired), baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until combined; pour over berries. Spread evenly.
- 3Bake 40-45 minute or until pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 5 minute Run knife around edge of pan to loosen sides. Invert. Remove parchment. Top with remaining berries, and basil.
- 4You can make an optional glaze, by whisking together 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons milk and 1 teaspoons lemon juice. Lightly brush on warm cake.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Upside-Down Berry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g