Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Take your favorite Stuffed Peppers recipe, take out fat, replace with spice and flavor. This is easy and delicious and it's good for 'ya!
- 3 -4 bell peppers (medium sized)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* Farenheit.
- Combine rice and water in a medium pot, set on high, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer (set your timer for 15 minutes).
- Cut peppers into quarters and remove seeds. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook on high in microwave about 3 minutes (depending on your microwave) till just tender. set aside.
- Place ground turkey in hot high sided frying pan and begin to brown, breaking up to smaller pieces while cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add onions, peppers and spices. Continue to cook om medium-high till onions are tender, add the stewed tomatoes, breaking up large pieces with your hands.Stir to combine with the turkey/onion/spice mixture, reduce heat.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Place the green peppers on the bottom of a casserole (or lasagna pan).
- pour meat mixture over top, even out with a spoon and top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake till cheese is just melted (about 5 minutes)
- (very good served with salsa and/or reduced fat sour cream on the side).