Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Take your favorite Stuffed Peppers recipe, take out fat, replace with spice and flavor. This is easy and delicious and it's good for 'ya!
- 3 -4 bell peppers (medium sized)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* Farenheit.
- Combine rice and water in a medium pot, set on high, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer (set your timer for 15 minutes).
- Cut peppers into quarters and remove seeds. Place on a microwave safe plate and cook on high in microwave about 3 minutes (depending on your microwave) till just tender. set aside.
- Place ground turkey in hot high sided frying pan and begin to brown, breaking up to smaller pieces while cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add onions, peppers and spices. Continue to cook om medium-high till onions are tender, add the stewed tomatoes, breaking up large pieces with your hands.Stir to combine with the turkey/onion/spice mixture, reduce heat.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Place the green peppers on the bottom of a casserole (or lasagna pan).
- pour meat mixture over top, even out with a spoon and top with shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake till cheese is just melted (about 5 minutes)
- (very good served with salsa and/or reduced fat sour cream on the side).