Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great meatloaf recipe that is flavorful, moist and low-fat!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs extra lean ground turkey (99% fat free)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an ovenproof casserole or baking dish with foil.
- Heat olive oil in medium-sized skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add white wine to pan and cook for 1 minute Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, place turkey, onion mixture and remaining meatloaf ingredients. Using clean hands, mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Place meat mixture in casserole/baking dish and form into loaf form.
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients. Spread evenly over meatloaf.
- Place dish in heated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Let meatloaf rest for 5-10 mins before serving.