Recipe by rainismoi
A recipe from clean eating. I is much better with the addition of chinese 5 spice.
Top Review by Outta Here
First off, this recipe is poorly written. I assumed the carrots were shredded? And when does the 5-spice and garlic go in? To the meat mix or into the topping? I added both to the meat. But, sorry, this didn't work for us. Too many flavors going on, with the Italian seasoning, garlic, cayenne and 5-spice. And the vinegar in the topping was overpowering. I would leave out the vinegar and 5-spice if I were to make this again. The texture of the meatloaf was great, though.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Agave
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine tukey, onion, egg whites, oatmeal, carrots, 1tsp of seasoning and cayenne. place mixture into 9 inch loaf pan.
- in another bowl whisk tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1 tsp seasoning and agave. Spread over meatloaf. Bake for 45-50 minutes.