Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this on the Family Circle site and I am posting so I can add the ingredients to my shopping list. I will update after I make it this coming week. I have added a few ingredients that I will be using.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken in half (12 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (26 ounce) jarchunky tomato sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook onions and garlic over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook, breaking up large chunks, for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain fat. Season turkey with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of the Italian shredded cheese.
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, layer half the uncooked noodles, overlapping as necessary.
- Spread half of both the meat mixture and broccoli over noodles, then top with about half of the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Gently spread ricotta mixture on top, and continue layering with remaining noodles, meat, broccoli, sauce and an additional 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese on top for last 15 minutes of cooking time or until melted.