Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious turkey chili with black beans. High in protein and fiber.
- 20 ounces very lean ground turkey
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- Brown and break up turkey in sprayed with cooking spray.
- Chop 1/2 onion (or more if you like) and add to cooked turkey along with garlic, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a simmer. Turn down to low-medium and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Add black beans and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.