Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very easy to make and tastes great! Great for a family meal, or keep in the fridge for a week full of goodness.
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 3 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 3 eggs, whole
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook turkey bacon according to package, let cool.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. Overlap 2 of the tortillas in the bottom of the pan. Cut the third in half and cover the rest of the pan to form the crust.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, and sour cream. Beat well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop turkey bacon into small pieces.
- Combine turkey bacon, cheese, and broccoli into egg mixture. Pour mixture into pie pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
We really enjoyed this. Plan to make again soon.
This was great! I did switch up the veggie... did tomatoes and spinach instead of broccoli, but the same basic idea. What I LOVE is the use of egg whites and a tortilla for the crust ... cuts way down on the carbs and cals! I only needed one tortilla to fill the bottom of my pie plate, mine must have been large. I'll post my photos soon too! Thanks for posting!
Made for PAC Fall '07 Really wonderful recipe. In all fairness I need to disclose my substitutions:Morning Star Vege Bacon Strips for the turkey bacon, soy milk for skim, Tofu Sour Cream (Very Special Tofu Sour Cream) for fat free sour cream & I chopped my broccoli in a food processor. The calories came out the same. The taste & texture were fantastic! It's lovely on the plate & pairs well w/ a side salad. Will add to my "go to" recipes! Thanks!