Recipe by Gabby B
This recipe has been called both tuna salad but it really has little that resembles the typical tuna salad. My friends have also called it tuna ceviche and it would be a little more accurate at describing what this is. Is really healthy and it goes well with crackers or on tostadas. I make very little because I'm the only one who eats it so feel free to double or triple the recipe for bigger parties.
- 5 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 persian cucumber, diced
- 4 radishes, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your corn by preferred method. I usually buy unhusked corn and stick it 4 minutes in the microwave after I've soaked it in water for a 1 minute or 2.
- Shave off the cooked corn kernels from the cob and add kernels into a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except for the lemon or lime juice, salt, and pepper. Feel free to seed the serrano pepper if you're not used to spicy food.
- Add lemon or lime juice slowly and mix add more or less according to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as topping on tostadas or on crackers.