Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love tuna salad and I love macaroni salad, so I came up with this to blend them both, but in a healthy way! If you are not worried about cholestrol, feel free to use both the yolk and whites. Since I leave out the egg yolks, I splurge with real mayonnaise, but if you like low fat mayo....go for it. Once you have the eggs cooked and macaroni cooked and cooled, it is a snap to throw together.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (packed in water)
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (whites only)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup drained and cooled cooked macaroni
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- dill weed, to taste
- mayonnaise (enough to blend)
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl and add enough mayonnaise to make a nice blend.
- I like to serve this salad over a bed of shredded lettuce, with some whole wheat crackers.