1/1 Photo of Healthy Tuna Casserole (Low-Fat)
Cooked chicken breast may be used in place of the tuna, if desired add in 1 cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese to the soup mixture, this is only optional --- for Weight Watcher's program 1 serving = 7 points :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups dry whole wheat fusilli (can use penne pasta or similar)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, water packed, well drained (can use 3 cans)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans fat free cream of celery soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 11 x 7 or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or use a casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture).
- 3Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add in onion and tuna; toss to combine.
- 5In a saucepan heat soup with milk until smooth.
- 6Stir in mushrooms mayonnaise, Mrs Dash seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper until combined; pour into the bowl and toss to combine.
- 7Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 8Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Tuna Casserole (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat fusilli
fat free cream of celery soup
reduced-fat cheddar cheese