Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a version of a recipe from a Candida Cookbook.
Make and share this Healthy Tostadas recipe from Food.com.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 avacado to make homemade guacamole
- Pour olive oil in pan and heat on med-high heat.
- Put corn tortillas in one at a time and fry till brown and crispy, then put them on plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Drain oil and add ground beef to pan.
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- add red pepper, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Mix ingredients until well mixed and put some of meat mixture on top of a tortilla, sprinkle about 3 tblsp Vegan Rella Cheese Subsitute on and place in Microwave for about 30 seconds to get "cheese" melted.
- Add about 2 tblsp Guacamole and spread on tortilla.
- Put about 2-3 tblsp El Pinto natural Salsa and about 2 tblsp Herdez Salsa Verde.
- Sprinkle Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapeno and Green Onion over top and enjoy!
- This is quite messy so you will need a plate to catch the stuff that falls off and lots of napkins.
This is one of my very favorite meals. I usually saute the meat with some garlic and onion though. I LOVE THIS RECIPE!! Here is Texas you can even get the tortillas already fried for you. YUM!