Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the latest invention from my continuing effort to create easy, tasty alternatives to work with my husband's triglyceride-lowering diet. It's quick, easy, and yummy! I intend to try other spice combinations, such as an Indian-inspired cumin/coriander/tumeric one or even a sweet one with cinnamon and sugar.
- Put flours, salt, and garlic in medium bowl and mix together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put egg in well.
- Slowly add water, mixing it with the flour and egg, gradually pulling in the flour from the sides. Batter will be thin.
- Add the onion flakes.
- Fry these in a non-stick pan, or spray with Pam before putting in the batter each time. (You can wipe pan with a paper towel that's been soaked with oil, instead.).
- Pour just enough batter into the pan to coat the bottom. Spread it around the bottom by tilting the pan, if needed.
- When the edges start curling up and the colour of the tortilla starts to darken (approx 30 seconds), flip the pancake. I like to actually flip it in the air because it tends to break less this way (and my daughter enjoys watching it), but if you can't flip pancakes, use a long spatula to support it as you turn it.
- Let it cook another 15 seconds, or so, on the 2nd side and slide onto a plate.