Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light, delicious and healthy soup. Add whatever veggies you like!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice (homemade or canned)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package cheese-filled egg tortellini, uncooked
- 2 -3 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a stock pot, melt butter over MED-HI heat; saute onions and garlic.
- Add all ingredients except tortellini and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- While the mixture simmers, prepare tortellini according to package, undercook, slightly!
- Drain. Add tortellini to soup mixture and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Serve in bowls and top with cheese.
Delicious! Very easy to make, doesn't feel too heavy either after you have eaten it. Thank you! :-)