Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty treat from the BBC.
- 9 fluid ounces hot vegetable stock
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dried egg noodles (or other dried noodles)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces tofu, chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 red bird's eye chili, chopped
- 1 ounce gingerroot, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Put the vegetable stock into a saucepan and bring up to the boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for two minutes.
- Add the tofu, soy sauce, chilli, ginger, mushrooms, lime juice and sesame oil and cook for five minutes.
- To serve, transfer the broth into a serving bowl and garnish with the coriander.
I used dried mushrooms because that was all I had on hand at the time, but it was excellent! My 25-year-old son liked it so much he asked for the recipe--and he doesn't cook!