Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Super tasty, high in protien & fiber and super lowfat. The kids will clean their plates! I'm posting the "almost no-fat" version of this dish. You may substitute 2 real eggs for the egg substitute, use "lean"rather than "super lean" turkey and add a little olive oil for flavor if you want, it will still be very low in fat. This recipe sometimes has a bit of trouble binding - if someone has any ideas to help this to bind better let me know - thanks and enjoy!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 lb crumbled firm tofu
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large workbowl or large stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on low speed or stir until combined.
- Turn out into a large loaf pan and bake for 2 hours. Check at 1 hour and foil the top if it's getting too brown.
- Great with Mashed Potatoes and peas!