Recipe by rcm89
This a great simple recipe for a healthy burger alternative, or to spice up a can of tuna. It worked really well, was quick, filling and low in fat too. Perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner. I ate it so fast I forgot to take a picture oops!
For the Burger
- 1 (200 g) can tuna in brine or 1 mineral water
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- squeeze lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt or pepper or herbs
For the Garlic Mayo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (for garlic lovers less if not!)
- 1 -2 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the burger ingredients, except the olive oil, in a large mixing bowl. Add as much or as little seasoning as you like, and stir with a fork or your hands. Once the mixture is fully combined divide into 3 parts and use you hands to create three burgers/patties. The mixture will be quite moist, place the burgers on a plate and put in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic mayo ingredients in a small bowl or mug and mix well. Add a little water if necessary for consistency.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and making sure the oil is very hot add the burgers and fry on both sides on a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until dark brown on both sides. Be very carefull with them to ensure they stay well formed.
- Once cooked remove from the pan and place in a Burger bun or on a bed of spinach leaves (for wheat and carb free lovers) and drizzle the garlic mayo on top. Any left overs can be re-heated gently in a pan. Enjoy!