1/4 Photos of Healthy Taco Soup
1 hr 10 mins
I played around with a standard recipe to add more vegetables to an already great soup. It's something my kids ask for instead of chili these days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (or olive oil)
- 1 large onion (sliced or diced)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I prefer lean)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 (35 g) envelope taco seasoning mix (regular or spicy, your call)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 -2 cup frozen corn (more is better)
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 (19 ounce) can beans, of your choice (rinsed and drained)
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot and saute onion a couple minutes.
- 2Add beef and brown.
- 3Drain fat off the onions and beef and return to the pot.
- 4Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasoning and carrots. Simmer for at least 45 minutes, reducing heat to low.
- 5Add corn and beans and simmer 15 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 464.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g