1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Really good taco salad recipe for the diet-conscious. From KAthleen Daeleman's Cooking Thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (white meat only, no fat....personally, I use veggie burgers for this)
- 1/4-1/3 cup lime juice, plus 1 lime,zested
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled,seeded,and cut into 1 & # 8260,2 inch chunks
- 1 tomato, cored,cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 3/4 cup cooked canned white beans ((I use black beans)) or 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained (fat free, sugar free)
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sugar free fat free salsa
- 16 baked corn tortilla chips
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers ((I use fresh))
- 1In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, cook onions in 1 to 2 tablespoons water until softened and cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2Cook covered, stirring once or twice, add more water if necessary to keep onions from burning.
- 3Add chicken meat, and cook until crumbly and golden, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- 4Add citrus juice, zest, and taco seasoning mix, stir until well combined.
- 5Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 6Set aside to cool.
- 7Arrange lettuce on large platter with remaining ingredients.
- 8Top with chicken, garnish with baked chips and jalapenos.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 824.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
taco seasoning mix