Recipe by Yoga Booty
A healthy and very filling curry , great with naan bread and cucumber raita. Make sure to use a high quality curry powder, the best come from bulk bins in health food stores.
Top Review by Satyne
Another wonderful dish. Again, very simple to make and so delicious my boyfriend licked his bowl! (This is becoming a common theme with your recipes!). I didn't add the lime juice or cilantro at the end and it was great without. We served on rice seasoned with tumeric and onion flakes. Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- chopped cilantro, lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- heat olive oil over medium heat.
- optional- if you want the sweet potato soft, microwave for 2-3 min
- add shallots and cook until soft.
- add ginger and garlic and saute for 1-2 minute.
- add curry powder and mix thoroughly.
- add sweet potatoes, lentils, and broth.
- bring to a boil then simmer at least 45 minute.
- the longer this simmers the better! before serving increase heat to high and stir in the cilantro and lime juice.