Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a great main or side dish. It is full of flavor and is even better the next day.
Make and share this Healthy Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash and Apple Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chickpeas (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups vegatable broth, low sodium
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, apples, chickpeas and raisins.
- Stir in the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, ginger and broth.
- Bring to the boil, stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Serve over Basmati rice.
I was pleasantly surprised by this dish. I made it as the main component of my meal and found it both healthy and very hearty.