Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a great main or side dish. It is full of flavor and is even better the next day.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chickpeas (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups vegatable broth, low sodium
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, apples, chickpeas and raisins.
- Stir in the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, ginger and broth.
- Bring to the boil, stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Serve over Basmati rice.
I was pleasantly surprised by this dish. I made it as the main component of my meal and found it both healthy and very hearty.