This recipe is a great main or side dish. It is full of flavor and is even better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chickpeas (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups vegatable broth, low sodium
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- 2Add the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, apples, chickpeas and raisins.
- 3Stir in the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, ginger and broth.
- 4Bring to the boil, stir well.
- 5Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender.
- 6Serve over Basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash and Apple Curry
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 368.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g