Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No more corn muffin mix! I added chopped jalapenos and lots of grated cheddar cheese to these for last night's dinner of tomato-garlic soup and salad.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 corn on the cob, about 1/2 cup of kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Coat a 6-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
Very good - I made these to go along with some vegetable fajitas and refried beans and they really completed the meal. I also subbed the apple juice with water and used a can of organic corn and they turned out great. The batter was very thin but they puffed out nice and you could taste the hint of brown sugar. I agree with the previous reviewer that you might not even need it any sweeter. The 4 year old & I really liked these. These only took about 14 mins in my oven and were very easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!
This was a yummy recipe that my kids loved, as did my husband and me. I didn't have any apple juice, so I used water and the muffins were still sweet enough. I used 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels. Next time, I might use 1 tbsp. less of the sugar. The muffins were very easy to make and I will definitely make them again -- no more boxed corn muffin mix for me!