Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
No more corn muffin mix! I added chopped jalapenos and lots of grated cheddar cheese to these for last night's dinner of tomato-garlic soup and salad.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 corn on the cob, about 1/2 cup of kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Coat a 6-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine ingredients and pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.