Recipe by MsSally
This is a standby breakfast for DH and I in the summer time when tomatoes are ripe and flavorful. You could use this for lunch or dinner also. We have breakfast for dinner about once a week here.
- 4 slices bread
- 1 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 teaspoons margarine (softened or whipped)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon on paper plate covered with 2 layers of paper towels.
- Cover with one paper towel and microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- Flip bacon over and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute more or till desired crispness.
- Spray a 7" non stick skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat till warm.
- Pour in egg substitute.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Put bread in toaster or toaster oven set for desired doneness.
- Cook egg substitute for about 5 minutes or until egg is mostly set.
- With heat proof spatula loosen egg from bottom of pan.
- DO NOT FLIP.
- Season with pepper.
- Put cheese down one side of egg and turn other side over cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut omelet in 1/2 with spatula in pan.
- Spread margarine on bread.
- Assemble sandwich, "buttered" slice, 1/2 of omelet, 2 large slices of tomato, 2 pieces of bacon (split in 1/2), "buttered" slice.
- Okay I realize the directions are a little long for a sandwich, but this really is easy. I just wanted to be specific as I cook all three parts at one time so nothing gets cold before the sammie is assembled.