1/2 Photos of Healthy Summer Time (Or Anytime) Omelet Sammie/Sandwiches
This is a standby breakfast for DH and I in the summer time when tomatoes are ripe and flavorful. You could use this for lunch or dinner also. We have breakfast for dinner about once a week here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bacon on paper plate covered with 2 layers of paper towels.
- 2Cover with one paper towel and microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- 3Flip bacon over and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute more or till desired crispness.
- 4Spray a 7" non stick skillet or omelet pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat till warm.
- 5Pour in egg substitute.
- 6DO NOT STIR.
- 7Put bread in toaster or toaster oven set for desired doneness.
- 8Cook egg substitute for about 5 minutes or until egg is mostly set.
- 9With heat proof spatula loosen egg from bottom of pan.
- 10DO NOT FLIP.
- 11Season with pepper.
- 12Put cheese down one side of egg and turn other side over cheese.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Cut omelet in 1/2 with spatula in pan.
- 15Spread margarine on bread.
- 16Assemble sandwich, "buttered" slice, 1/2 of omelet, 2 large slices of tomato, 2 pieces of bacon (split in 1/2), "buttered" slice.
- 17Okay I realize the directions are a little long for a sandwich, but this really is easy. I just wanted to be specific as I cook all three parts at one time so nothing gets cold before the sammie is assembled.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Summer Time (Or Anytime) Omelet Sammie/Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 985.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 20.4 g