Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
found it online. sounds good. i love finding new recipes and trying them out. i'm all for fat free low calorie cooking. ( got this at about.com)
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, soy milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done.
- i don't know how many this makes.
- so take the entire amount of calories for the entire batch.
- and divide it by how many cookies it makes.
I gave it an average rating because I deferred so much from the recipe.
1/3 c natural peanut butter
2 T brown sugar - wanted them chewier, but still wanted to keep sugars lower than most cookies
2 brown bananas - had them in my freezer, they are sweeter when brown, so it gave more flavor
1 egg - for leavening, I wanted these lighter than a granola bar and also wanted to add protein
1 1/3 cup oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 flax seed - for additional fiber
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cups chopped pecans - again for more protein
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips - because I had them in the cupboard
and in the final batch I baked I threw in some raisins - that was a winner!
Baked as it said and these were rather good.