Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, light, holiday stuffing.
- 6 slices light bread
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth, chicken, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, Original
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- For best results, leave bread uncovered for a night or two, until slightly stale. Otherwise, begin by lightly toasting bread.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a medium-sized pot, combine broth, celery and onion. Cook for 8 minutes at medium heat. Remove from heat and add mushrooms and garlic. Season mixture to taste with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with nonstick spray, and place bread cubes in it. Once veggie-broth mixture has cooled slightly, add Egg Beaters and butter. Pour mixture evenly on top of bread. Mix gently with a fork. Bread cubes should be moist, but not saturated. If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove foil and fluff/ rearrange stuffing. Return to oven (uncovered) for 10 - 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown.