1 hr 10 mins
Chef #25321's Note:
A fun and impressive way to eat healthy. Rice, vegetables and tofu stuffed into bell peppers, covered with tomato soup and cheese, who could resist?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 bell peppers
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped fine
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (canned or frozen are o.k., cook "or" nuke them as normal)
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled with your hands
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1/4 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 1To prepare the peppers: Slice the top off and remove all the seeds.
- 2Place the peppers in boiling water for about 3-5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the boiling water and shock under cold water.
- 4Put aside.
- 5Saute the onions and mushrooms in a big saute pan until tender.
- 6Add in the mixed vegetables and the tofu.
- 7Add the shoyu and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- 8Arrange the peppers in a baking dish.
- 9Fill each pepper with the tofu mixture (extra stuffing is great on its own, Just warm it up).
- 10Pour the tomato soup over each pepper.
- 11Sprinkle the peppers with cheese.
- 12If you like, you can put the tops back on for an impressive presentation.
- 13Put the lid on the baking dish and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (until the peppers are somewhat tender and the cheese is all melted).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1790.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g