Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy and healthier than regular coffee cake. Each serving has 231 calories, 3 g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, and 8 g fat
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Stir together brown sugar, 1 T flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts and set aside.
- Stir together 1 1/2 c flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the milk, egg white, and oil.
- Add to the flour mixture; stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into a 9x9x2 inch pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Despite being healthy, this cake turned out great! I added 1 tsp. vanilla, extra cinnamon, and a little extra salt. I also doubled the streusel measurements and layered in the pan half the batter, half the streusel, the rest of the batter, and then the rest of the streusel.