Recipe by thesinglebite
Strawberry peach muffins that are delicious, healthy and vegan too! www.thesinglebite.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these for a vegan friend who was visiting & he was totally happy with 'em ~ Thought they were the tastiest muffins, & I must admit that they were very good, but then the great tasting fruits I used were from the local Farmers' Market, which counts for a lot (the great tasting bit, that is)! Thanks for your very nice recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegan butter, softened (like Earth Balance)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup plain soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 large peach, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and diced small
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan, set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl (flours, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon), set aside.
- In another bowl add sugar, butter, applesauce, soy milk, vanilla, and pecans. Whisk together until mixed. Add dry ingredients to this and stir until just combined (you don't want to over mix). Gently fold in the fruit. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.