Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy version of a strawberry shake! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine. This could be Canadian or acually African too.
- 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup soft tofu (or use ice cream if you don't want the soy)
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the blender. Process until smooth anad frothy.
- Pour into a tall glass, and drink immediately. Enjoy!
This reminds me of when I was young child (ok that was a LONG time ago) and my Grandmother would get her old mixer out, and we would put strawberries and o.J. in to make a delightful "cream-cicle" type of treat on a hot summer afternoon. I used regular ice-cream as my son had eaten all the tofu yesterday. This made nary a difference, as all blended so perfectly together you will buzz like a bee after devouring such a nice treat! Thank you, Sharon! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* July 2009
I made this recipe for ZWT3. It makes a great strawberry shake. I didn't plan ahead, so used fresh strawbs, plus we can't get frozen OJ concentrate here, so used fresh OJ. Thanks Sharon for this lovely recipe.
This was a very delicious and refreshing milkshake! I used fresh strawberries but froze them overnight. I also used ice cream in place of the soft tofu. I loved this shake! Made for ZWT3 2007.