Recipe by imlisaohmy
I've been trying to eat healthier and add in my fruits and vegetables in my diet. For me, that's a huge task since I'm a horribly picky eater! I wanted to get more bananas in my diet for the potassium, but I HATE the taste of them! So basically what I did this morning for breakfast was add everything into this smoothie recipe until I could barely taste the banana and it worked! I calculated that this smoothie is about 470 calories, and almost 9 grams of fiber. I also flax oil to give this drink an extra boost of nutrition.
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup chai tea (I used two packets)
- 1 blueberry yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 cups strawberries (I used frozen)
- 2 tablespoons omega strawberry-banana flavored flax seed oil (I found mine at Wegmans)
- cinnamon (I just threw in what I thought looked good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a cup of hot water and add in two packets tea. Any tea will good but I prefer Chai tea. Wait until cool.
- Add tea, cinnamon, stevia and soy milk to blender. Add as much cinnamon and stevia to taste.
- Add in 1 - 6oz container of yogurt, I used blueberry.
- Measure out two cups of strawberries, add to blender. Also add chopped up banana.
- For an extra health boost, add in two tablespoons strawberry/banana flavored flax oil. Blend until desired consistency is reached.