I got this recipe from Preventions fiber up slim down cookbook. It is a healthy take. on the comfort food classic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minched garlic
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- low sodium chicken broth
- 8 manzanilla olives, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup drained diced pimento
- 1sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2heat oil in a dutch oven.
- 3add chicken and cook until browned.
- 4return the dutch oven to the stove add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook about five minutes.
- 5stir in the rice, cumin and turmeric and cook 1 minute.
- 6add the chicken, tomatoes, broth and olives.
- 7simmer about thirty minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- 8stir in peas and pimentos and cook 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Stove Top Arroz Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 384.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice
low sodium chicken broth