Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Preventions fiber up slim down cookbook. It is a healthy take. on the comfort food classic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minched garlic
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- low sodium chicken broth
- 8 manzanilla olives, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup drained diced pimento
- sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- heat oil in a dutch oven.
- add chicken and cook until browned.
- return the dutch oven to the stove add the onion, garlic and green pepper and cook about five minutes.
- stir in the rice, cumin and turmeric and cook 1 minute.
- add the chicken, tomatoes, broth and olives.
- simmer about thirty minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- stir in peas and pimentos and cook 5 more minutes.