Recipe by Rae C.
A filling, but low-calorie side dish.
Top Review by A Good Thing
We really liked this dish. We couldn't get the yellow squash here in New Zealand at present so used only green zucchini. After steaming it, I used Old Bay seasoning in the butter and it made for a very yummy side dish. Made for PAC 2008.
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, approx one medium sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, approx one medium sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice one medium yellow squash and one medium zucchini (Will be about 1 1/2 cups of each).
- Place squash, zucchini, butter and water into a 12-inch sauce pan with lid or a large pot with lid on medium heat and allow to steam. Stir every 5-10 minutes. (NOTE: Margarine may be substituted for butter to reduce fat.).
- Allow to steam until sliced squash and zucchini is soft. Salt to taste.
- Other spices, like pepper, chilli powder, etc. may be added for extra flavor.